Written by Gregory Monte.
The Intolerant Traffic Ticket Nazis
Traffic Ticket Nazi, noun: An individual who believes that tickets should be issued to all motorists for every minor traffic infraction.
- 1 mph over the limit? Ticket.
- Roll through a stop sign when no one is within 200 feet of the intersection? Ticket.
- Air freshener “obstructing” the front window? Ticket.
You get the idea …
On my Facebook page these individuals write criticisms like the following:
- “If you do the crime, you do the time.”
- “If you want to dance, you have to pay the fiddler.”
Sage advice, no?
UPDATE: I actually had someone on Facebook respond to this post with a similar comment. I wonder if he even read the post …
Insight from Filling My Tax Return
I just completed my 2018 Pennsylvania tax return (no, its not late – I got an extension). Two particular lines on that form stood out to me as examples to get Traffic Nazis to possibly re-think their insistence that motorists who engage in minor infractions deserve their tickets:
- Line 8: Gambling and Lottery winnings.
- Line 25: Use Tax. Due on internet, mail order or out of state purchases.
Question #1 for the Traffic Ticket Nazis: Have you ever won a scratch-off ticket? Did you report this income? Of course you did because you are a good citizen …
Question #2 for the Traffic Ticket Nazis: Did you ever buy anything from a garage sale, flea or farmers’ market? Did you submit the required sales taxes when they didn’t charge you this extra fee? Of course you did because you are a good citizen …
6 thoughts on “Traffic Ticket Nazis And The Tax Law”