My son applied the full Pennsylvania Stop Sign Ticket Defense at his trial in the Wayne County, PA Court of Common Pleas on March 7, 2019.
It worked perfectly – he was pronounced NOT GUILTY
You can download a free copy of this comprehensive 100+ page document and use it to win your own case.
- A 100+ page detailed analysis of my defense strategy.
- A 32-Item Checklist covering all the possible ways to challenge a stop sign ticket.
- All the traffic-control device statutes which apply to stop signs.
- Twenty court case citations to back up my strategy.
Table of Contents
WARNING – Read this First!
PREFACE: “When I want to read a good book, I write one.”
- Someone Had to Do It … Why not me?
- Three Important Points.
- Never Give Up.
PART ONE:Why I created Stop-Sign-Ticket.com and then spent the next three months of my life researching and writing this document.
Section One: Putting the powers that shouldn’t be in their rightful place.
- An “Anti-Attorney” Speaks.
- So Goes Main-Stream Media, So Goes the Traffic Attorney?
Section Two: The backstory.
- My Inspiration.
- The Traffic Ticket Scam Machine.
- Most Traffic Ticket Help Websites are Useless.
- Don’t Count on the Officer Not Showing Up.
- The Most Worthless Website of All.
- Forums Where You Can Ask Questions.
- Hire a Lawyer?
- Lawyer 2.0?
- The Only Really Useful Website.
- Do It Yourself?
Section Three: The statistics.
- A Whole Lot of Tickets and a Whole Lot of Money.
- Other Interesting Facts.
- A Hopeful Sign?
Section Four: The evolution of my stop-sign defense strategy.
- Down the Motor Vehicle “Rabbit Hole.”
- My Thought Process – The stages of evolution.
PART TWO: Challenging a stop sign ticket in Pennsylvania.
Section One: You just got a ticket … do you have a case?
- The Dreaded Red and Blue Lights Flashing Behind You.
- The Easy Road vs. the Hard Road.
- How Easy Will it be to Win?
- Final Caveat – The date of the stop sign installation matters.
Section Two: Before you read the checklist.
- The Checklist is Based on Actual Statute.
- Certified Documents are Necessary.
- Color Code to Help You Follow the Strategy.
Section Three: The Checklist – every possible way to fight your ticket.
- Checklist Category #1 – Was the stop sign properly authorized?
- Checklist Category #2 – Was the stop sign properly placed/positioned?
- Checklist Category #3 – Is the stop sign a proper device?
- Checklist Category #4 – Are stop line markings proper?
- Checklist Category #5 – Does your police department have the authority to enforce stop signs?
Section Four: Don’t just take my word for it. There is serious case law to support the checklist.
- Judge to Pro Se Peon: “Why should I believe you?”
- Checklist Category #1 – Ordinance requirement & local authorities.
- Checklist Category #1 (continued) – PennDOT doesn’t need an ordinance.
- Checklist Category #1 (continued) – State highways & local authorities.
- Checklist Categories #2, #3 & #4 – Proper placement & device.
- Checklist Categories #2, #3 & #4 (continued) – Conformity with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- Checklist Category #5 –Police Departments.
PART THREE: Putting it all together – the legal reasoning behind my Pennsylvania Stop Sign Ticket Defense.
- Checklist? Check … But now what?
- Title 75, Section 3111 and Stop Sign Authorization.
- Title 75, Section 3111(a).
- Title 75, Section 3111(b).
- Guilty Until Proven Innocent? – Title 75, Section 3111(c).
- Title 75, Section 3111(d).
- The Coup de Grace?
- Tying it All Together – The rules of statutory construction.
- Important Final Note.
APPENDIX:My son’s stop sign case.
Section One: Details about the alleged violation.
- Original Summons.
- Pictures of the Intersection.
- Final Court Date Set (after rescheduling it twice).
Section Two: My basic defense – the ONE, TWO, THREE Strategy.
- Original Plan Outline – KISS.
- ONE Open Public Records Request.
- TWO References to Important Laws.
- THREE Quotes from Court Cases.
- Word Gets Around?
- Denied Justice? – The magisterial court judge refuses to allow me to speak.
- On to the Court of Common Pleas.
- Victory at Last.
PICTURE CITATIONS: Giving credit where credit is due.